Ashley’s Two Cents
A Haiku about walking with Jesse as he crosses our beautiful & colossal country
Truck stops & tepees
Snakes, trains, blisters & hobos
20 mile routine, Arr!
Originally, I planned to hike with Jesse for 13 days but due to feet problems, I only completed 7 days. I have even more respect for what Jesse is doing now. It’s just so continuous!
Random Trip Highlights:
• A delicious New Years Eve meal at a classy truck stop (bonfire included)
• We started every day in the desert with a Christmas song & wore Santa hats the day after Christmas
• We crossed the Arizona/New Mexico border and walked about 150 miles
• We were able to observe border patrol actions which included immigration checkpoints and a curiosity in why we were walking within 30 miles of the border….
• We got to sleep in a tepee, play with a rattlesnake; we got to see the joy and hear the excitement of a hobo hitching a ride on a train. Train hopping still does happen!
Thanks for letting me walk with you Jesse! Keep it up!